ant-user mailing list archives

From "Alison Monteith" <alison.monte...@edusoft.com>
Subject RE: getting tag from CVS for use in Ant
Date Thu, 04 Nov 2004 01:16:36 GMT
Hi Dominique,

As I said earlier, this works quite well for me, but some of the
developers are complaining about the error message when they try to
build on the HEAD branch.  Is there any way around this?  Ie. something
equivalent to if [ ! -d CVS/Tag ] ?  I've been searching the ant manual
and can't find anything.

Alison

-----Original Message-----
From: Dominique Devienne [mailto:DDevienne@lgc.com]
Sent: Tuesday, November 02, 2004 6:48 PM
To: Ant Users List
Subject: RE: getting tag from CVS for use in Ant

This is how I extract a CVS branch sticky tag. If you use the HEAD
branch, there's no Tag file, the <loadfile> issues a warning (but
doesn't fail), and the tag is defaulted to HEAD by <property>. The
<replaceregex> are there to convert TTTAG_NAME into TAG_NAME. The ^D.*
variant is when you update/checkout by date instead of tag, in which
case I assume HEAD. Someone also submitted a custom task to do this,
which must be in BugZilla somewhere. It didn't go into Ant, partly
because the Ant snippet below is 90% of the solution, albeit longer, and
can be made into a <macrodef> easily. --DD

        <loadfile property="tag" failonerror="false"
                  srcfile=".../CVS/Tag
<mailto:${modules}/@{name}/CVS/Tag> ">
          <filterchain>
            <striplinebreaks/>
            <tokenfilter>
              <replaceregex pattern="^T" replace="" />
              <replaceregex pattern="^D.*" replace="HEAD" />
            </tokenfilter>
          </filterchain>
        </loadfile>
        <property name="tag" value="HEAD" />