ant-user mailing list archives

From "Alison Monteith" <>
Subject RE: getting tag from CVS for use in Ant
Date Wed, 03 Nov 2004 19:08:03 GMT
This is exactly what I need.  Thanks!

-----Original Message-----
From: Dominique Devienne []
Sent: Tuesday, November 02, 2004 6:48 PM
To: Ant Users List
Subject: RE: getting tag from CVS for use in Ant

This is how I extract a CVS branch sticky tag. If you use the HEAD
branch, there's no Tag file, the <loadfile> issues a warning (but
doesn't fail), and the tag is defaulted to HEAD by <property>. The
<replaceregex> are there to convert TTTAG_NAME into TAG_NAME. The ^D.*
variant is when you update/checkout by date instead of tag, in which
case I assume HEAD. Someone also submitted a custom task to do this,
which must be in BugZilla somewhere. It didn't go into Ant, partly
because the Ant snippet below is 90% of the solution, albeit longer, and
can be made into a <macrodef> easily. --DD
        <loadfile property="tag" failonerror="false"
<mailto:${modules}/@{name}/CVS/Tag> ">
              <replaceregex pattern="^T" replace="" />
              <replaceregex pattern="^D.*" replace="HEAD" />
        <property name="tag" value="HEAD" />