ant-user mailing list archives

From Peter Reilly <peterrei...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Escapign backslash in java.home
Date Thu, 18 Nov 2004 12:36:03 GMT
Thomas Saxtoft wrote:

>The thing is that the java.home I get from ant already contains the
>backslash.
>
>My script looks like this:
><target name="createServerXml">
>    <replaceregexp file="${oc4j_home}/config/server.xml"
>    match="&lt;java-compiler [^>]*/>"
>    replace="&lt;java-compiler bindir=&quot;${java.home}/bin&quot;
>extdirs=&quot;${java.home}/jre/lib/ext&quot;/>"/>
>  </target>

The backslash is an escape character in regexpression land, so it
will not work using it in the replace attribute.

You need to convert the java.home before using it in the replace string.
Use pathconvert for this:
    <pathconvert targetos="unix" property="java.home.converted">
      <path path="${java.home}"/>
    </pathconvert>
    <echo>java.home.converted is ${java.home.converted}</echo>

Peer