ant-user mailing list archives

From Peter Neu <peter....@gmx.net>
Subject Re: Fwd: Problem with exec Windows XP
Date Tue, 16 Nov 2004 13:57:54 GMT
OK. I tried to work you suggestions into my buildfile.
My idea is to keep tomcat up and running and simply restart
the catalina process:

<exec executable="cmd.exe" dir="C:/Programme/Apache Software
Foundation/Tomcat 5.0/bin" os="Windows XP" failonerror="true">
    <arg line="/c catalina.bat"/>
  <arg value="restart"/>
</exec>

This saves some time. Then I just  put in the sync-block you suggested:

 <waitfor maxwait="10" maxwaitunit="second">
    <http url="http://localhost:5050/ae/"/>
</waitfor>

And afterwards I start a browser to display the results :

    <exec executable="C:\Programme\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe"
os="Windows XP" description="Launch web page in Firefox">
<arg value="-url"/>
<arg value="localhost:5050/ae/"/>
</exec>

The only problem with this approach is that Tomcat is still holding on
to the application files
when I try to remove them and replace them with the newer version.

<delete dir="${dir.tomcat}/ae" />
   <delete>

Does anybody have an  idea how to work around this problem ?

Regards,

Peter