ant-user mailing list archives

From Jochen Wiedmann <jochen.wiedm...@softwareag.com>
Subject Filters: sort and uniq
Date Tue, 16 Nov 2004 13:20:50 GMT

Hi,

at least as of Ant 1.6.2, there don't seem to be filters with the
functionality of "sort" (A Unix tool sorting the lines of a file) or
"uniq" (Another Unix tool deleting lines from a file, which do not match
given uniqueness constraints). I typically help myself by using these
Unix tools in a pipe.

Is there any interest in contributing such filters to the Ant core? If
so, I'd volunteer to provide patches. If not, I won't waste my time and
stick with the command line. :-) (Oh, btw, and an "exec" filter could be
useful too, running an external filter. :-)

Regards,

Jochen