ant-user mailing list archives

From Peter Reilly <>
Subject Re: getUserProperty and getProperty
Date Thu, 11 Nov 2004 14:42:44 GMT
User properties are those specified on the command line. They are always
inherited when across <ant/> boundaries.

You should use project.setNewProperty() to set a normal property. - this
maintains property imutablity.
project.getProperty() is used to retrieve the value of a property (this may
be a normal property or a user property).

An example of setting properties is in

Peter wrote:

>Hi folks,
>What is the exact difference between the API-calls  getUserProperty and
>What is the exact difference between the API-calls  setUserProperty and
>When ist advised to use which?
>I'm a bit confused. I am writing my own tasks and I have started to use
>getUserProperty because it did what I wanted but I didn't know that
>[s|g]etProperty existed.
>Thanks for enlightenment.
>To unsubscribe, e-mail:
>For additional commands, e-mail: