ant-user mailing list archives

From Peter Reilly <peterrei...@apache.org>
Subject Re: getUserProperty and getProperty
Date Thu, 11 Nov 2004 14:42:44 GMT
User properties are those specified on the command line. They are always
inherited when across <ant/> boundaries.

You should use project.setNewProperty() to set a normal property. - this
maintains property imutablity.
project.getProperty() is used to retrieve the value of a property (this may
be a normal property or a user property).

An example of setting properties is in
src/main/org/apache/tools/ant/taskdefs/CheckSum.java

Peter