ant-user mailing list archives

From Jin Teck Chu <jt....@us.cd-adapco.com>
Subject Re: sshexec is not exiting
Date Fri, 05 Nov 2004 20:03:08 GMT
Thanks for your reply, Rob.

I am using inetd and the following is from the man page from Linux about
sshd:

"sshd is the daemon that listens for connections from clients.  It is nor-
     mally started at boot from /etc/rc.  It forks a new daemon for each
     incoming connection."

If you have multiple sshexec in different targets or subant(s) and
execute sequentially, you will have the same issue.  The issue is not
just the particular tasks, the sshd daemons will only be disconnected
upon the completion of the ant execution not the ant task.

If you have too many sshd daemons running,  eventually you will not be
allow to make any connection.

jt

Anderson, Rob (Global Trade) wrote:

>Are you running the ssh daemon in some special way? On every maching that I run sshd on,
it is running all the time, not just when there is a client connected. Oh, are you running
sshd through inetd? Why is it a problem to keep the ssh connection open during the execution
of both tasks?

>-Rob A

----------------------------------
Jin Teck Chu (jt)
Software Engineer
CD-adapco, New Hampshire office
603 643 9993 ext: 112
jt.chu@us.cd-adapco.com
www.cd-adapco.com

STAR-CD, STAR-CCM+ and STAR-CAD Series
Your next generation, CAD-embedded CFD solutions
www.cd-adapco.com/products