ant-user mailing list archives

From T E Schmitz <mail...@numerixtechnology.de>
Subject Re: [signjar] prevent double signing
Date Thu, 04 Nov 2004 18:07:04 GMT
Sorry to bombard you with yet another posting ;-)

T E Schmitz wrote:

> And why the hell toUpperCase()?
> The jars signed by Sun contain a mixed case SF file (Sun_micr.sf). The
> ones I signed with the signjar task produce a mixed case SF file, too.
> In fact, in both cases the SF extension is *lowercase* while SIG_END is
> uppercase.

I just did a quick test "by hand", ie with jarsigner, SDK 1.4.2_01 on Win2K:

jarsigner -keystore keystore -signedjar util-test.jar util.jar efordes-stock

jarsigner creates meta-inf/Efordes-.sf; in other words first letter
toUpper and alias truncated to 8 characters.

--
Tarlika