ant-user mailing list archives

From Longie <lon...@esatclear.ie>
Subject Compiler Attribute
Date Wed, 24 Nov 2004 17:46:37 GMT
Hello,

I have different versions of java installed on a winxp machine. I need
to be able to run ant depending on the compiler which is chosen by the
user either via the program or at runtime via a command line argument.
If none is specified then use hte default java classpath.

Questions;

1) Do i need to set different classpaths for each of the java versions
installed and then set the compiler attribute

2) Is the compiler attribute set in

<javac srcdir="${src-dir}" destdir="${obj-dir}" debug="on"
deprecation="on" commpiler="something"/>

I have been testing with classloaders but i will be wrapping  GUI around
Ant and i want to be able to give the user an option to use different
java versions so Ant is the better option.

Any help is appreciated.

John