ant-user mailing list archives

From jful...@ruminate.co.uk
Subject Re: How to access files from Clear case
Date Thu, 18 Nov 2004 13:28:24 GMT
"Sanjeev_Das" <Sanjeev_Das@infosys.com> wrote ..

> Hi All,
>
> I was using VSS until now. In that case I used to use the task <vssget>
> to access the files from VSS. Now that I am shifting to Clear Case, I
> don't know what commands to use to access the files. Would appreciate
> any kind of help regarding what commands/tasks to use for clear case.

http://ant.apache.org/manual/OptionalTasks/clearcase.html

there is a whole set of optional  cc tasks....which I have found

here is an example of labelling with cc

<!-- ===================================================== -->
<!-- cc: label	  		                       	   -->
<!-- ===================================================== -->
<target name="cc.label" description="example cc label">

<property name="version" value="1.0.1"/>

<!-- create label cbrm -->
<ccmklbtype vob="/src"
	typename="${version}"/>

<!-- label src -->
<ccmklabel viewpath="/src"
        recurse="true"
        typename="${version}"/>

</target>

note how you must 1st create label, then instruct labelling with recurse flag set to true.

I find the cc tasks a bit awkward because they dont support the notion of filesets or paths,
for example...lets say I want Ant to checkout a set of files for me...

<!-- ===================================================== -->
<!-- CC Checkout example                                   -->
<!-- ===================================================== -->

<target name="cc.checkout" description="example cc checkout">

<!-- need to use antcontrib's foreach task   -->
<taskdef resource="net/sf/antcontrib/antcontrib.properties">
<classpath>
	<pathelement location="lib/ant-contrib/lib/ant-contrib1.0b1.jar"/>
</classpath>
</taskdef>

<!-- iterate through each file and run cleartool to perform a checkout -->
<foreach param="file_var" target="run_cleartool_checkout">
        <path>
            <fileset dir="/src">
                 <include name="**/*.*"/>
                 <exclude name="**/.lock"/>
             </fileset>
         </path>
</foreach>

</target>

this target has to iterate through each file under /src, calling run_cleartool_checkout target,
which then applys the <cccheckout/> task to each individual file... which is defined
in a seperate target below;

<!-- perform a checkout..really this should be a macro -->
<target name="run_cleartool_checkout">

<cccheckout viewpath="${file_var}"
        reserved="false"
        nowarn="false"
        comment="Ant Checked this out"/>

</target>

fun no? perhaps others know of more advanced macro wrapping around existing cc tasks...or
they know of any new work being done with them.

gl, Jim Fuller