ant-user mailing list archives

From Ivan Ivanov <rambiusparkisan...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [signjar] prevent double signing
Date Thu, 04 Nov 2004 14:41:04 GMT
Helo Tarlika,

--- T E Schmitz <mailreg@numerixtechnology.de> wrote:

> That's strange. This is not the output I'm getting
> (I'm using Sun's SDK
> 1.4.2_01 on Win2K).
>
> For an unsigned jar, jarsigner returns:
> "jarsigner: java.lang.IllegalStateException: zip
> file closed"
>
> For a signed jar, jarsigner returns:
> "Note: This jar contains unsigned entries which are
> not
> integrity-checked. Re-run with -verbose to list
> unsigned entries."
> When I look at the MANIFEST, I find that all the
> classes in the jar are
> signed but not the directories.

I am using Ant1.6.2 with JDK 1.4.2_04.

> That's what I am doing just now - I was just
> wondering whether there
> might have been a better solution I had overlooked.
>
> Like you, I keep the 3rd party jars in a separate
> directory. But some of
> them are already signed by Sun and mustn't be signed
> again when used
> with Java WebStart. The unsigned 3rd party jars,
> however, have to be signed.
>
> --

Hm, I just had a look at the sources of SignJar task,
taken from Ant's CVS HEAD. Actually, there *is* a
method called isSigned(File) that checks whether a jar
is signed, so what you want *is* possible. However, I
have not either followed the complete logic of SignJar
sources not I am sure whether this method is in older
versions of Ant.