ant-user mailing list archives

From Matt Benson <gudnabr...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: using mappers
Date Wed, 03 Nov 2004 20:43:04 GMT
--- D Sledge <valen_23@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Found the culprit!  Don't use the "dir" and "file"
> attributes simultaneously in the <srcfiles>
> element.
>
>       <srcfiles dir="${src.dir}" file="A"/>
>
> Change it to:
>
>       <srcfiles file="${src.dir}/A"/>

Actually, <srcfiles dir="${src.dir}" includes="A" />
would have been the correct way historically, but the
file attribute was added fairly recently to simplify
specification of a single file.  And someone (I?)
should have noticed that you used file instead of
includes.  In this case I am guessing the single-file
fileset resolved to ${basedir}/A , which was not
present, therefore did not map to any target files
which were therefore up to (or at least not out of)
date.  Cute.

> and all is well in the realm of D Sledge.
>
> Thanks a million for your help!

No problem.

> D Sledge

-Matt