ant-user mailing list archives

From Matt Benson <gudnabr...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: method not found when running ant
Date Wed, 03 Nov 2004 19:25:52 GMT
--- Brian.Allen@regulusgroup.com wrote:
> The only way I was able to get ant to stop
> complaining about those missing
> classes was to place the fully qualified name
> (including the jar file
> name) in the $CLASSPATH.

Then there is something abnormal going on, especially
given that the CLASSPATH you show includes jar files
that have been added to $ANT_HOME/lib .  This sounds
like the kind of nonsense we hear about when people
install Ant on Linux boxes that had Ant bundled as it
were with the OS.  Did you install Ant yourself?  What
version?  What output does "which ant" yield?  Are you
sure about your JAVA_HOME setting?  What does
"$JAVA_HOME/bin/java -version" yield?  What happens
when you run Ant with the --execdebug switch?

-Matt