ant-user mailing list archives

From Matt Benson <gudnabr...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: method not found when running ant
Date Wed, 03 Nov 2004 17:19:34 GMT
--- Brian.Allen@regulusgroup.com wrote:
> I am attempting to run ant.  When it fails,I get a
> message that says:
> "method
> java.util.prefs.Preferences.userNodeForPackage was
> not found". I
> see that this method is part of a class which is
> part of the standard
> j2sdk. I have my CLASSPATH  set accordingly with
> :/java   (java
> directory). Is there anything ant related  that I
> could be missing?

CLASSPATHs in your environment are evil in general,
more so when you set them to ":/java" ?  I don't know
what to make of that.  Sounds like your environment is
just not set up properly.  Blow away that CLASSPATH to
start with and then tell us what happens.  Including
your PATH, ANT_HOME and JAVA_HOME settings (whichever
exist) as well as the exact error message can only
help.

-Matt