ant-user mailing list archives

From Matt Benson <>
Subject Re: using mappers
Date Tue, 02 Nov 2004 19:18:37 GMT
--- D Sledge <> wrote:
> Wait... so if a target file doesn't exist ("XA" for
> instance), it's considered up to date?
No, the example I'm working with is structured a
little differently from yours, but I wanted to go
ahead and get the merge problem out of the way.

> Here's what I've tried so far with no success.
> and scenario III (switched to mergemappers):
>    <uptodate property="isUpToDate">
>       <srcfiles dir="${src.dir}" file="A"/>
>       <mapper>
>          <mergemapper to="X"/>
>          <mergemapper to="Y"/>
>          <mergemapper to="Z"/>
>       </mapper>
>    </uptodate>

And this doesn't work?  I have this complete

<project default="foo">

  <uptodate property="bar">
    <srcfiles file="A" />
      <mergemapper to="X" />
      <mergemapper to="Y" />
      <mergemapper to="Z" />

  <target name="foo" unless="bar">
    <echo>Target files are out of date</echo>

And it seems to work as you wish.  I also noticed that
on the example you posted earlier, your <echo> tag
wasn't closed, which means the example wouldn't have
worked as posted.  Maybe you should double-check the
case on your "isUpToDate" and little things like that.
 If you still can't find it, I'll be around tomorrow.

Do you Yahoo!?
Check out the new Yahoo! Front Page.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: