ant-user mailing list archives

From D Sledge <valen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: using mappers
Date Tue, 02 Nov 2004 14:30:50 GMT
--- Matt Benson <gudnabrsam@yahoo.com> wrote:
> --- D Sledge <valen_23@yahoo.com> wrote:
> > File A is the source file for files X, Y, and Z.
> > How do I set up my uptodate element so that it
> > checks to see if X, Y, and Z are up to date?  I've
> > tried using a composite mapper, but ant keeps
> > telling me that <uptodate> doesn't support a nested
> > composite mapper.
>
> What version of Ant are you using?  Without my
> testing, know that a plain <mapper> with nested mapper
> elements of any type is implicitly a
> <compositemapper>, as well.

It might be good to show what I have so far:

   <uptodate property="isUpToDate">
      <srcfiles dir="${src.dir}" file="A"/>
      <mapper>
         <globmapper from="*" to="X"/>
         <globmapper from="*" to="Y"/>
         <globmapper from="*" to="Z"/>
      </mapper>
   </uptodate>

   <target name="message" unless="isUpToDate">
      <echo message="File A has been modified more recently than files X, Y, and/or Z.">
   </target>

If I modify file A just before running ant, it should execute the echo task.