ant-user mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <>
Subject Re: Need help re development
Date Tue, 26 Oct 2004 06:22:00 GMT
On Sat, 23 Oct 2004, Rhino <> wrote:

> I downloaded the source zip file for Ant 1.6.2, set up a project
> called Ant1.6.2 in Eclipse (where I am developing), and then tried
> importing all of the src subdirectory into the new project.

Well, Ant developers expect you to use Ant when developing Ant 8-)

I pretty much doubt that adding the jars to Eclipse is the correct
approach since you may run into situations where you need CVS HEAD of
Ant (and not a released version) to compile CVS HEAD of Ant.

I don't know whether any of the Ant committers are using Eclipse.  I'm
an XEmacs guy and I know a few people are using IDEA.  But I'm rather
sure that there is a setip that will allow you to develop Ant's CVS
HEAD with Eclipse.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message