ant-user mailing list archives

From "Simon Oldham" <simon.old...@sicom-systems.co.uk>
Subject Verifying Ant Build Files
Date Mon, 25 Oct 2004 17:30:41 GMT
Hi,

I am currently developing a distributed build system and wish to use ANT
build files to provide the build information. Whether or not I will actually
execute ANT on the individual nodes had not been decided yet.

Basically, what I would like to do , using the ANT API, is be able to :

1) Verify a build.xml file
2) Create an "in memory" representation that I can then manipulate and build
a task-graph from.

I have looked at the "org.apache.tools.ant.Project" class and I think this
will be my representation of the project. I have also looked at
"org.apache.tools.ant.ProjectHelper" but I can't quite fathom out what this
does and no method returns a Project class (which is ideally what I would
like i.e. "public Project parseBuildFile (File buildFile){}" sort of thing).
I appreciate that I can write the code to validate and parse the file myself
but I have no wish to "reinvent the wheel" if the ANT API can do it for me.

Thanks,

Simon Oldham