ant-user mailing list archives

From Bruce W. Perry <brucewpe...@comcast.net>
Subject copy task
Date Tue, 26 Oct 2004 16:20:20 GMT
hello Ant list,

I have a question on using the "copy" task. I want a target to copy the
contents of a directory to multiple sub-directories whose name matches
a pattern, in order to "sync" the contents of the sub-directories with
that of the parent directory. In the manner of:

  <copy todir="**/WEB-INF/lib" overwrite="true" verbose="true">
             <fileset dir="WEB-INF/lib"  includes="*.jar" />
</copy>

The "toDir" attribute doesn't interpret the "**" as the beginning of a
pattern, but literally creates a new subdirectory named "**" when I run
the target. I want to be able to copy the contents of WEB-INF/lib to
all WEB-INF/lib 's in sub-directories, without hard-coding in the
directory names in the "toDir attribute. I'm using Ant 1.6.2 on OS X
10.2. Thanks for your help.

bwp