ant-user mailing list archives

From "Charles Hudak" <charles.hu...@cardionet.com>
Subject RE: sshexec errors
Date Fri, 22 Oct 2004 00:41:05 GMT
"The man-in-the-middle attack has also become inpossible, because the
client does of course check the identity of the remote host using his
host key, too. To archieve maximum security here, the client should be
configured to use ``StrictHostKeyChecking''. Setting this option to
``yes'' tells the client not to accept any new or modified hostkey as
real. If a new host has been added to the network, or a host key has
been changed, the administrator has to install the new key manually.
While this is a bit inconvenient in a fast moving network, it ensure
that nobody intercepts your IP packets and claims to be the machine you
tried to access."

>From this site: http://cryp.to/publications/the-secure-shell/

Sounds like the host key HAS CHANGED and you haven't downloaded the new
key file for the task to point at? After looking through the jsch source
code, that is likely the problem.