ant-user mailing list archives

From "Mark Lybarger" <Mark.Lybar...@CBC-Companies.com>
Subject using ant to archive a file
Date Tue, 26 Oct 2004 11:35:26 GMT
i'm looking for an ant task that'll do something similar to VMS's file versioning.  when putting
a new file out, i'd like to have the old one still there (perhaps with the ability to specify
how many old versions to keep). does something like this exist?

here's my specific issue: when deploying our app, we currently backup our weblogic config.xml
to config.xml.bak.DATETIMESTAMP.  this keeps the old config around for reference.  the thing
is, i only need maybe 10 or so old version laying around.  this gets cluttered quickly on
our cruisecontrol instance that's getting updated every hour or so.