ant-user mailing list archives

From "Jeff Davidson" <Je...@rocketgaming.com>
Subject RE: <exec/> troubles
Date Thu, 21 Oct 2004 16:34:45 GMT
Argh!  Thanks Matt.  The resolveexecutable="true" attribute was all I
needed.

Humbly,
~Jeff

-----Original Message-----
From: Matt Benson [mailto:gudnabrsam@yahoo.com]
Sent: October 21, 2004 09:30
To: Ant Users List
Subject: Re: <exec/> troubles

--- Jeff Davidson <JeffD@rocketgaming.com> wrote:
> I'm having a most puzzling problem with the <exec/> task.  What I am
> failing to understand is: What directory is used as the base for
> executing a command if the executable is specified relatively instead
> of absolutely?

Without rehashing your entire post, aside from the possibility of
specifying "${basedir}/Foo.exe" as you have noted, you might be
interested to know that in CVS HEAD the <exec> task has a searchpath
attribute for use with the existing resolveexecutable attribute.
 Used with <presetdef>, this might be cute:

<presetdef name="foo">
  <exec executable="foo.exe"
        resolveexecutable="true"
        searchpath="true">
    <env key="PATH" value="${basedir}" />
  </exec>
</presetdef>

HTH,
Matt

This electronic message transmission, including attachments, is for the exclusive use of the
individuals to which this e-mail is addressed and is to be reviewed and used exclusively for
authorized company purposes.  This transmission may contain proprietary, confidential or privileged
information.  If you are not the intended recipient of this transmission, you are hereby notified
that any use, copying, disclosure, dissemination, distribution or taking of any action in
reliance upon the contents of this transmission is strictly prohibited.  If you believe you
may have received this electronic message in error, please notify the sender immediately by
return email and delete or destroy the original message and/or any copy of it from your computer
system and/or your files.  Thank you.