ant-user mailing list archives

From "Jeff Davidson" <Je...@rocketgaming.com>
Subject RE: CVS password problem
Date Wed, 20 Oct 2004 15:49:21 GMT
Roberto,

I never was able to get <cvspass/> to work.  I was forced to execute
"cvs login" from the command line prior to starting Cruise Control
(which then executes Ant), to get a valid password stored in .cvspass,
and just leave the build machine logged into CVS.  Of course, this isn't
exactly what I would like, but I needed to press on with actually
getting my build process working.  I figure I'll put more time into
investigating my problem when I've got my other higher priority tasks
taken care of.

Sorry that I don't have anything more helpful than that.  I just wanted
to assure you that you're not the only person experiencing "difficulty"
getting <cvspass/> to work.

Regards,
~Jeff

-----Original Message-----
From: Roberto Juarez [mailto:rjuarez@omnilogic.es]
Sent: October 20, 2004 06:05
To: Ant Users List
Subject: RE: CVS password problem

Sorry for the missing $.

Though it was not in the code of e-mail messages it really is in the
code I am running. The cause of the failures is definitely not the
missing $ sign.

Here is the fixed code I am trying to get running.

  <target name="commit"
          depends="setup"
          description="Checks in CVS the complete project directory.">
    <cvspass
cvsroot=":${cvs.protocol}:${cvs.user}@${cvs.host}:${cvs.port}:${cvs.path
}"
             passfile="${cvs.passfile}"
             password="${cvs.password}"/>
    <cvs
cvsRoot=":${cvs.protocol}:${cvs.user}@${cvs.host}:${cvs.port}:${cvs.path
}"
         passfile="${cvs.passfile}"
         command="commit"
         package="${cvs.module}"
         dest="${build.dir}/.."/>
    <cvs
cvsRoot=":${cvs.protocol}:${cvs.user}@${cvs.host}:${cvs.port}:${cvs.path
}"
         passfile="${cvs.passfile}"
         command="logout"/>
  </target>

This electronic message transmission, including attachments, is for the exclusive use of the
individuals to which this e-mail is addressed and is to be reviewed and used exclusively for
authorized company purposes.  This transmission may contain proprietary, confidential or privileged
information.  If you are not the intended recipient of this transmission, you are hereby notified
that any use, copying, disclosure, dissemination, distribution or taking of any action in
reliance upon the contents of this transmission is strictly prohibited.  If you believe you
may have received this electronic message in error, please notify the sender immediately by
return email and delete or destroy the original message and/or any copy of it from your computer
system and/or your files.  Thank you.