ant-user mailing list archives

From "Bob Hays, Computer Geek" <purpleh...@earthlink.net>
Subject Re: Need help re development
Date Tue, 26 Oct 2004 09:52:34 GMT
Yes, eclipse has a well developed CVS interface.  You would need a login
(pref anonymous one) to the CVS on the internet, then use the CVS plugin to
attach to that.  Then use the popup menu on the HEAD item to create a
project from that.

Its how I do all my local (on my PowerBook no less - I still find it amazing
I can run a full source control system and IDE all on one portable machine)
and remote work these days.

Have fun! - Bob

On 10/26/04 1:22 AM, "Stefan Bodewig" <bodewig@apache.org> wrote:

> On Sat, 23 Oct 2004, Rhino <rhino1@sympatico.ca> wrote:
>
>> I downloaded the source zip file for Ant 1.6.2, set up a project
>> called Ant1.6.2 in Eclipse (where I am developing), and then tried
>> importing all of the src subdirectory into the new project.
>
> Well, Ant developers expect you to use Ant when developing Ant 8-)
>
> I pretty much doubt that adding the jars to Eclipse is the correct
> approach since you may run into situations where you need CVS HEAD of
> Ant (and not a released version) to compile CVS HEAD of Ant.
>
> I don't know whether any of the Ant committers are using Eclipse.  I'm
> an XEmacs guy and I know a few people are using IDEA.  But I'm rather
> sure that there is a setip that will allow you to develop Ant's CVS
> HEAD with Eclipse.
>
> Stefan

Bob Hays, Computer Geek
http://www.alephnaught.com

"Research is like driving a car at night. You can only see as far as your
headlights, but you can make the whole trip that way."
-- E. L. Doctorow