ant-user mailing list archives

From "Dominique Devienne" <>
Subject RE: running tasks without a target actually works?
Date Tue, 05 Oct 2004 16:59:04 GMT
Yes, that explains it, but that doesn't mean it's good.

This whole business of having the top-level tasks execute
when you run -projecthelp or an error message about a
missing target being issued after top-level tasks execution
is not a good thing.

It's unexpected, and feels wrong. I don't have a good alternative
that would be backward compatible, but this is yet another wrinkle
or gotcha of Ant.

I've always felt authorizing any top-level tasks brought little
to Ant in terms of usability, and had mostly downsides. Oh well,
another lost battle ;-) --DD

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message