ant-user mailing list archives

From Gareth Kelly <Gareth.Ke...@davy.ie>
Subject RE: ANT Checksum
Date Tue, 19 Oct 2004 08:56:16 GMT
Just to clarify,
One jar looks like this:

     0 Mon Oct 18 11:33:14 IST 2004 META-INF/
   103 Mon Oct 18 11:33:12 IST 2004 META-INF/MANIFEST.MF
   443 Mon Oct 18 11:33:14 IST 2004 GoodbyeWorld.class
   442 Mon Oct 18 11:33:14 IST 2004 HelloWorld.class

and the other:

     0 Mon Oct 18 11:16:52 IST 2004 META-INF/
   103 Mon Oct 18 11:16:50 IST 2004 META-INF/MANIFEST.MF
   443 Mon Oct 18 11:16:42 IST 2004 GoodbyeWorld.class
   442 Mon Oct 18 11:16:42 IST 2004 HelloWorld.class

The only difference is the date/time. The checksum's for both must not match
because of the difference in time.

Gareth

-----Original Message-----
From: Stefan Bodewig [mailto:bodewig@apache.org]
Sent: 19 October 2004 07:23
To: user@ant.apache.org
Subject: Re: ANT Checksum

On Fri, 15 Oct 2004, Gareth Kelly <Gareth.Kelly@davy.ie> wrote:

> But if I create 2 jar files containing the same ".java" file in
> different directory, the checksums are different.  Can someone tell
> me why?

Because the jar files contain the directory information and so are
different.  Obviously their checksums are supposed to be different
then as well.

Stefan

The information in this e-mail is confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended
solely for the addressee. Access to this e-mail by anyone else is unauthorised. If you are
not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or any other action taken
or any views, opinions or advice contained in this e-mail are those of the sending individual
and not necessarily those of the firm. It is possible for data transmitted by e-mail to be
deliberately or accidentally corrupted or intercepted. For this reason where the communication
is by e-mail, J&E Davy does not accept any responsibility for any breach of confidence
which may arise from the use of this medium. If you have received this e-mail in error please
notify us immediately at mailto:helpdesk@davy.ie and delete this e-mail from your system.