ant-user mailing list archives

From Kris Read <kris.r...@gmail.com>
Subject Calling another build without failing on error
Date Fri, 15 Oct 2004 21:53:20 GMT
Hi!

I have not been able to come up with a solution to this problem.
Perhaps someone can help?

I want to call an ant target in an external build file.  I can do this
now using <ant/>

However...

If the external target fails, I do not want the calling target to fail
also.  I would like to store the pass/fail of this external target in
a property and continue with the rest of my build.

The <ant/> task does not seem to support any flags which would let me
do this. Other tasks use a property such as failonerror="false".

I guess I might be able to use the <apply/> tag somehow but I do not
know how and I am hoping there is a cleaner solution.

K. Read
Calgary, Canada