ant-user mailing list archives

From Jan.Mate...@rzf.fin-nrw.de
Subject AW: Perform different target depending on *value* of property
Date Fri, 15 Oct 2004 13:16:07 GMT
What´s about
    <antcall target="${servername}-upload"/>

Jan

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Rhino [mailto:rhino1@sympatico.ca]
Gesendet am: Freitag, 15. Oktober 2004 15:09
An: ant-user
Betreff: Perform different target depending on *value* of property

I want to revise an existing script so that it does a different target for
each of several different *values* of a property.

For example, if the property, which is named 'server' has a value of "foo",
I want the script to execute a target called "foo-upload". If the value of
'server' is "bar", I want the script to execute a target called
"bar-upload". If the value of 'server' is "test", I want the script to
execute a target called "test-upload".

Actually, although the target names begin with the server name, that is more
convenience than necessity; it isn't critical that the target names start
with the server name so I don't insist on that.

I am running Ant 1.6.1 but would be willing to upgrade to a newer version to
accomplish this. I would also like to stay "pure Ant" if possible but would
still be interested in seeing solutions using optional tasks or ant-contrib.

I know that 'if' and 'unless' are the normal mechanisms for enabling
conditional execution of tasks but they only seem to work on the basis of if
a property is enabled or not, rather than on the VALUE of the property.

Rhino
---
rhino1 AT sympatico DOT ca
"There are two ways of constructing a software design. One way is to make it
so simple that there are obviously no deficiencies. And the other way is to
make it so complicated that there are no obvious deficiencies." - C.A.R.
Hoare