ant-user mailing list archives

From Sebastian Redl <>
Subject Re: Problem with <exec>
Date Thu, 21 Oct 2004 21:09:01 GMT
Rhino wrote:

> I'm having problems with <exec> and would appreciate some guidance.
> My project involves compiling, jarring, and uploading a revised Java
> applet to a webpage. All of that works fine.
> I decided I would like to try to improve the script by adding a target
> that displayed the web page containing the applet in each of the three
> browsers that I have, just to make sure the applet looks good on the
> web page. I composed this target to do that:

I don't have a solution for your problem, I'd just like to point out
that paths of browsers are something EXTREMELY unreliable, so if you
actually want to use this for a distributed project, you need to come up
with a better way of finding the browser.
My FireFox, for example, is installed at
C:\Programme\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe
Note that even though I accepted the default installation directory,
it's still not the same, because I have a German Windows. That doesn't
even take into account my Linux computers, where the path is completely
different (/usr/share/firefox/lib/firefox-bin I think).

That said, Mozilla seems to require the -url switch to actually load an
URL, so I think your FireFox call should look like this:
<exec ...>
<arg value="-url"/>
<arg value="${server.webpage.URL\"/>

Sebastian Redl