ant-user mailing list archives

From "Jonathan Wilson" <>
Subject Property is set in with others) but catalina.home isn't set within main script
Date Wed, 20 Oct 2004 19:26:02 GMT
Gotta be a simple thing - I'm just not hitting the right verbage to find
a relevant entry in the archives:

I've got a in the same directory as build.xml:
<property name="mail.jar"
<property name="activation.jar"
<property name="mysql-jdbc.jar"
<property name="catalina.home" value="/home/jblow/tomcat5"/>

I've got the default TC5 ant build.xml which I've modified a bit, but it
still does the following prior to using any properties:
  <property file=""/>
  <property file="${user.home}/"/>

And the first 3 properties are used within the build.xml correctly. If I
do an echo on ${catalina.home} it just responds "${catalina.home}" -
unset. If I add:
<property name="catalina.home" value="/home/jblow/tomcat5"/>
to the build.xml file itself the echo reports /home/jblow/tomcat5 and

Thanks in advance,

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message