ant-user mailing list archives

From Sebastian Redl <wasti.r...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: Ant 1.6.2 failing to bootstrap
Date Sat, 16 Oct 2004 14:24:45 GMT
Christian Ashby wrote:

>> Bottom line: I'm out of ideas what could cause the problem. Everything,
>> everyone but Ant finds the compiler. Ant doesn't.
>> Could there be any ClassLoader issues?
>

> First check. Does 'java-config -Jc' give you the correct output
> (should be location of java, and then that of javac' ?
>
> If not, try unmerging & remerging the JDK, or using the Sun 1.4.2 JDK
> (at least to test) instead.

Gives me correct output, except that the java it refers to is not in the
jre subdirectory. But since both exist...

I've managed to get ant-core to compile by manually forcing ant to use
extJavac as compiler, but that's no long-term solution, as it would mean
manually doing every ebuild that uses Java.
Unless there is a way of globally setting the build.compiler property of
Ant?

Sebastian Redl