ant-user mailing list archives

From Kelly Davis <kda...@pobox.com>
Subject ant task output file differs in API from command line usage
Date Thu, 14 Oct 2004 21:26:16 GMT
I have the following code which executes a build file:

Project project = new Project();
project.init();

project.setUserProperty( "base.dir", new File( rootDir
).getAbsolutePath() );
project.setUserProperty( "ant.file", new File( new File( rootDir ),
buildFile ).getAbsolutePath() );
project.setProperty( "build.properties", propertyFile );

ProjectHelper helper = ProjectHelper.getProjectHelper();
helper.parse( project, new File( new File( rootDir), buildFile ));

project.executeTarget( "build" );

The build file uses the 'ant' task to execute a sub-project build, which
simply compiles some code. The 'ouput' option is used to write the
output of the sub-project build to a file. When the above code executes,
I get the following in the output file:

prepare:

compile:
    [javac] Compiling 611 source files to
/usr/local/builder/work/core/modules/work/core/classes

The problem with this is there is no indication of a compiler error
which is occurring. Now, if I execute the exact same build file from the
command line (with no api), this is what ends up in the output file:

prepare:

compile:
    [javac] Compiling 611 source files to
/usr/local/builder/work/core/modules/work/core/classes
    [javac]
/usr/local/builder/work/core/modules/core/src/java/com/pensare/sys/KCSystem.java:45:
repeated modifier
    [javac]       public static final String SYSTEM_PROPERTIES =
"system.props";
    [javac]           ^
    [javac] 1 error
    [javac] 6 warnings

Why am I not getting the compile error in the output file when I run the
build script using the API?

Thanks, Kelly