ant-user mailing list archives

From "Greg Irvine" <greg.irv...@thalesatm.com>
Subject "nested patternsets"
Date Mon, 11 Oct 2004 01:31:47 GMT
Hi all.

I'm trying to produce a fileset of source files, without massively
duplication things in a few <target>s.

I have a list of projects (and don't want to use **).
e.g.
   project1/source/**/*.java
   project2/source/**/*.java
   project30/....

I've defined a <patternset> for selecting source files but not generated
sources or test code.
i.e.
    <patternset id="non.test.and.generated.sources">
        <include name="**/*.java"/>
        <exclude name="**/AllTests.java"/>
        <exclude name="**/*Test.java"/>
        <exclude name="**/_.java"/>
        <exclude name="**/*POA*.java"/>
    </patternset>

I'd like to reference these in a few different targets, and hence I prefer
to not have:
   <fileset dir="project1">
      <patternset refid="non.test.and.generated.sources"/>
   </fileset>
   <fileset dir="project30">
      <patternset refid="non.test.and.generated.sources"/>
   </fileset>

in a number of different places.

Is there a way to place the above snippet into a patternset which I could
reference in each target?

e.g.
   <patternset refid="project.set">
       <fileset dir"project1">
           <patternset refid="non.test.and.generated.sources"/>
       </patternset>
       <fileset dir"project3">
           <patternset refid="non.test.and.generated.sources"/>
       </patternset>   </fileset>

Unfortunately the above code doesn't work because patternset doesn't
supposed nested filesets.

I'm probably missing something simple, but any assistance would be
appreciated.

Thanks and regards,

Greg.

Ps. Please include me directly in the reply as I'm only subscribed to the
digest.