ant-user mailing list archives

From "Stefano Mancarella" <stefano.mancare...@caboto.it>
Subject <import> and <path>s
Date Wed, 06 Oct 2004 08:37:42 GMT
Is there a way to reuse path definitions when using <import>, in a way
similar to what you can do with targets?

I've a standard path defined in a common build file, which is good for
almost all my projects.
When I need to change it I'm forced to redefine it completely, even when
it would be better to extend it.

Example:

common-build.xml:

<path id="project.classpath">
     <pathelement location="${build.classes}"/>
     <fileset dir="${lib.dir}" includes="*.jar,*.zip"/>
</path>

build.xml:

<import file="common-build.xml"/>

<path id="project.classpath">
     <pathelement location="${build.classes}"/>
     <fileset dir="${lib.dir}" includes="*.jar,*.zip"/>
     <pathelement location="some.dir/some.file"/>
</path>

Is there a way to reuse the path elements specified in the common build
file?