ant-user mailing list archives

From "Andreas Bothner [ MTN - Innovation Centre ]" <Bothn...@mtn.co.za>
Subject winning the case for ANT
Date Fri, 15 Oct 2004 11:03:49 GMT
Hi all,

I am working in a team of developers, where one developer is completely
against the use of ANT as a build script as he feels that xml should not be
used as a scripting tool.  I would like to create an environment which does
automated nightly builds, deployments and execution of tests with reports.
This team members negativity is hampering commitment towards this goal.

I was hoping there would be somebody who could direct me to a resource(s)
that will strengthen my case for the use of ANT, as I see it as the perfect
tool to achieve this goal and am under the impression that it is the
industry standard for non-proprietary java build tools.

Regards,

Andreas