ant-user mailing list archives

From Ivan Ivanov <>
Subject Re: Improving Tasks
Date Sat, 23 Oct 2004 20:28:57 GMT

> However, before I start developing entirely new
> tasks, I thought I might take a whack at improving a
> few existing tasks. One improvement I'm thinking
> about involves the core task <input>. I'd like to
> enhance it in a couple of ways:
> 1. Provide for a masked input field so that it could
> be used to prompt for a password that would remain
> unreadable to anyone looking over the users
> shoulder. (I envision adding a 'mask="true"'
> parameter to make that possible with the default for
> 'mask' being 'false'.)

I have already implemented two InputHandlers - one
that  reads and masks password from command line and
one that show a Swing dialog with password field. You
can find the at Ant Resource page, Section Articles
[1], the article "Extending Ant Input Abilities". If
you have any question on it I would be he happy to
answer them.

> 2. I'm thinking about adding the capability of
> having a radio button group and/or drop down lists
> so that there are some additional ways for users to
> provide input.

Do you Yahoo!?

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: