ant-user mailing list archives

From Matt Benson <>
Subject Re: <exec/> troubles
Date Thu, 21 Oct 2004 16:29:36 GMT
--- Jeff Davidson <> wrote:
> I'm having a most puzzling problem with the <exec/>
> task.  What I am
> failing to understand is: What directory is used as
> the base for
> executing a command if the executable is specified
> relatively instead of
> absolutely?

Without rehashing your entire post, aside from the
possibility of specifying "${basedir}/Foo.exe" as you
have noted, you might be interested to know that in
CVS HEAD the <exec> task has a searchpath attribute
for use with the existing resolveexecutable attribute.
 Used with <presetdef>, this might be cute:

<presetdef name="foo">
  <exec executable="foo.exe"
    <env key="PATH" value="${basedir}" />

Do you Yahoo!?