ant-user mailing list archives

From "Anderson, Rob (Global Trade)" <Rob.Ander...@nike.com>
Subject RE: Escape characters in Ant 1.6.1/Sshexec?
Date Mon, 18 Oct 2004 22:05:26 GMT
You can use the xml entities that represent the greater than ( &gt; ) and less than ( &lt;
) symbols. Or you could write a wrapper script that takes the username and pass as arguments
and run that.

-Rob Anderson

-----Original Message-----
From: Rhino [mailto:rhino1@sympatico.ca]
Sent: Monday, October 18, 2004 2:53 PM
To: ant-user
Subject: Escape characters in Ant 1.6.1/Sshexec?

I need to execute an operating system command on a Linux box via the (optional) sshexec task
in Ant 1.6.1. My command contains less-than and greater-than signs so Ant is objecting to
that syntax. How can I escape those characters so that Ant/sshexec accepts my command?

This is my task:

<sshexec host="${server.hostname}" username="${tonge-userid}" password="${tonge-password}"
trust="true" command="mysql -u ${mysql-userid} -p ${mysql-password} < Load_Dougs_Movies.sql
> Load_Dougs_Movies.out"/>

It appears that the less-than before 'Load_Dougs_Movies.sql' and the greater-than after it
are being taken as XML brackets. I feel sure there is some simple way to escape the less-than
or greater-than but I don't know what that is.

Rhino
---
rhino1 AT sympatico DOT ca
"There are two ways of constructing a software design. One way is to make it so simple that
there are obviously no deficiencies. And the other way is to make it so complicated that there
are no obvious deficiencies." - C.A.R. Hoare