ant-user mailing list archives

From "Anderson, Rob (Global Trade)" <Rob.Ander...@nike.com>
Subject RE: winning the case for ANT
Date Mon, 18 Oct 2004 16:23:12 GMT
Unless this person is the project lead or a manager, their opinion does not matter. If the
task has been delegated to you, get the approval of your superiors and press on. This person
will either fall in line or they will make a nuissance of themeselves.

-Rob Anderson

-----Original Message-----
From: Andreas Bothner [ MTN - Innovation Centre ] [mailto:Bothne_A@mtn.co.za]
Sent: Friday, October 15, 2004 4:04 AM
To: user@ant.apache.org
Subject: winning the case for ANT

Hi all,

I am working in a team of developers, where one developer is completely against the use of
ANT as a build script as he feels that xml should not be used as a scripting tool.  I would
like to create an environment which does automated nightly builds, deployments and execution
of tests with reports.  This team members negativity is hampering commitment towards this
goal.

I was hoping there would be somebody who could direct me to a resource(s) that will strengthen
my case for the use of ANT, as I see it as the perfect tool to achieve this goal and am under
the impression that it is the industry standard for non-proprietary java build tools.

Regards,

Andreas