ant-user mailing list archives

From Ivan Ivanov <rambiusparkisan...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: flatten mapper for scp task?
Date Wed, 13 Oct 2004 16:52:28 GMT
Hello Robs,

> As far as I know, there are no plans to add this
> feature. The scp task is not really a variant of the
> copy task, although the do perform similar
> functions. The scp task was created to duplicate the
> features of command line scp. The feature you speak
> of does not exist in command line scp. You can
> certainly submit the enhancement request, but with
> an easy workaround, I doubt it would be worth the
> effort to implement.

I think the effort is worth as the workaround is not
clean, because you need a tmp folder, and thus the
whole process get messed as you should rememnbed first
to create that tmp folder and then to delete it. In
short it requires three more steps and we all stuggle
for shorter build.xml's.
I also checked command line options of cp and scp and
could not find flatten functionality for cp and there
is such in <copy>.
In short, if <scp> supports mapper attributes will be
another convenient feauture of ant.

Regards Ivan