ant-user mailing list archives

From Holger Rauch <holger.ra...@heitec.de>
Subject Questions on serverdeploy task
Date Fri, 08 Oct 2004 13:53:03 GMT
Hi!

I'm using ant 1.6.2 in conjunction with JDK 1.4.2_05 on Debian GNU/Linux 3.0
("Woody"). From my ant build file, the serverdeploy task is invoked like this:

<serverdeploy action="deploy"
source="${ear.app.build.dir}/ear/${ear.app.ear.file.name}">
<weblogic application="${ear.app.ear.name}"
server="${weblogic.server.protocol}://${weblogic.server.host}:${weblogic.server.port}"
classpath="${heitec.lib.dir}/weblogic/weblogic.jar"
username="${weblogic.user.name}"
password="${weblogic.user.passwd}"
component="${ear.app.ear.name}:${weblogic.dmgctrl.server}"
debug="true" />
</serverdeploy>

The settings are:

weblogic.server.protocol is set to http
weblogic.dmgctrl.server is the name of the virtual server (as it shows up in
the weblogic server console in the "Servers" subtree)
weblogic.server.port is set to the port on which the virtual weblogic
server runs

The version of the Weblogic server running on the remote system is 8.1 SP2. It
is running on an HP-UX 11 system.

The error message is:

[java] JNDI naming exception: Naming exception trying to connect to:
t3://<server-host>:<port-of-the-virtual-weblogic-server> as: <username>:
<passwd>

If I change the settings to

weblogic.server.protocol is set to t3
weblogic.server.port is set to the port on which the node manager runs

I get an OutOfMemoryError. The exact message looks like:

[java] Exception in thread "main" java.lang.OutOfMemoryError

So, my questions are:

- Do I have to use the t3 protocol?
- Do I have to specify the port # of the virtual server that of the node
  manager?
- For the JNDI-related error: Do I have to set certain properties in a
  property file? I saw something like this in the BEA docs, but the
  properties were set from a Java code fragment.
- For the OutOfMemoryError: Is there a way to get around it by specifying
  different -Xmx and -Xms parameters? Which values do you suggest?

Thanks in advance for any advice/pointers!

Kind regards,

	Holger