ant-user mailing list archives

From "Antoine Levy-Lambert" <anto...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: p4sync error
Date Wed, 06 Oct 2004 18:33:44 GMT
I think that the reason is that the file that <p4sync/> attempts to sync is
locked by another process. Example, someone has opened the file with
UltraEdit or with TextPad. Try to find the culprit using for instance
procexp.exe from sysinternals if you are working on Windows.

The same error would happen if you tried to sync the same file with p4win or
with p4.exe directly (the latter is used by ant).

Cheers,

Antoine

> I'm having an intermittent problem during our nightly builds in which the
> p4sync task fails on a file renaming error. I'm not convinced that it has
> anything to do with Ant but it may. Has anyone seen it and if so what was
> the resolution?
>
> Thanks
> Rob McKenna
>
> error: File rename() failed after 10 attempts.
> 	at

org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.optional.perforce.P4HandlerAdapter$Reader.run(P4HandlerAdapter.java:141)
> --- Nested Exception ---
> error: File rename() failed after 10 attempts.
> 	at

org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.optional.perforce.SimpleP4OutputHandler.process(SimpleP4OutputHandler.java:89)
> 	at

org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.optional.perforce.P4HandlerAdapter$Reader.run(P4HandlerAdapter.java:136)