ant-user mailing list archives

From "Rhino" <rhi...@sympatico.ca>
Subject Feature Requests for Ant?
Date Fri, 15 Oct 2004 23:34:52 GMT
Can anyone tell me how to make feature requests for Ant tasks?

I've been using the optional <ftp> task for the last couple of hours and I have two
requests, one minor and one major. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to find anything in
the Ant Manual describing how to ask for new features in optional tasks. If someone can fill
me in on the appropriate channels, I'd appreciate it.

In case anyone is wondering, the minor request is for the 'mkdir' action to produce some kind
of output to acknowledge that it has created the new directory. Even with -verbose on, I get
nothing in the build output that says a directory has been created. Just one line like this
would be fine:
[ftp] creating directory foo

The major request is that they find some way to share the same connection amongst several
subsequent <ftp> tasks. As it is, I have one task to delete all existing files beneath
a given directory, another task to delete the (now empty) subdirectories beneath that same
directory, five separate tasks to create five new subdirectories, and five tasks to populate
each of those new subdirectories. Each of those tasks needs to connect and disconnect which
adds substantially to the elapsed time for these tasks. If these tasks shared the same connection,
it would save a lot of time.

Rhino
---
rhino1 AT sympatico DOT ca
"There are two ways of constructing a software design. One way is to make it so simple that
there are obviously no deficiencies. And the other way is to make it so complicated that there
are no obvious deficiencies." - C.A.R. Hoare