ant-user mailing list archives

From "Rhino" <rhi...@sympatico.ca>
Subject Re: Improving Tasks
Date Fri, 22 Oct 2004 15:22:15 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Robert Koberg" <rob@koberg.com>
To: "Ant Users List" <user@ant.apache.org>
Sent: Friday, October 22, 2004 9:40 AM
Subject: Re: Improving Tasks

> Rhino wrote:
>
> > 1. Provide for a masked input field so that it could be used to prompt
> > for a password that would remain unreadable to anyone looking over the
> > users shoulder. (I envision adding a 'mask="true"' parameter to make
> > that possible with the default for 'mask' being 'false'.)
>
> I like this alot.

Stephan's reply to my post says that this has been attempted before but no
one could find a way that worked on all of the platforms. I don't have any
better ideas so you probably shouldn't hold your breath on this idea ;-)

> Another area that would be nice to 'improve' (maybe it already exists in
> another form?) would be the condition task. I have a situation where I
> would like to get the input from a yes/no input task (Would you like to
> get xxx from the server?), if yes then prompt from username and
> password. Is this currently possible?

I imagine you could get the desired result if your <input> task prompted for
the 'yes'/'no' and then you used conditions to only prompt for the username
and password in a separate target. I haven't actually tried exactly what you
are describing but it seems like something that should work.

But I think you want to prompt for the 'yes'/'no' *and* the
username/password on the same dialog. I expect that would require major
changes to <input>.

Rhino