ant-user mailing list archives

From "Laconia Data Systems" <>
Subject Re: Appending to ANT classpath
Date Mon, 18 Oct 2004 12:17:06 GMT
Hello Ben
Yes You can specify the CLASSPATH for a specific Java Task take a look at
----- Original Message -----
From: "Ben Gill" <>
To: <>
Sent: Monday, October 18, 2004 5:07 AM
Subject: Appending to ANT classpath

I have some optional jar's that I need in the classpath for my build.xml
file to work.  I don't want to copy them to ANT_HOME/lib for them to get
picked up, else all developers will need to copy these files to that

How can I add these jar files to ANT's classpath without:

1)       using -lib on the command line (involves writing a wrapper, not
very tidy - wrapper needs to work on dos/unix etc..)

2)       writing an ant task to copy the jar files to ANT_HOME/lib

3)       exporting CLASSPATH before running the ant script...

Is there anyway of appending to the CLASSPATH from within the build.xml
file itself?

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message