ant-user mailing list archives

From "Rhino" <rhi...@sympatico.ca>
Subject Perform different target depending on *value* of property
Date Fri, 15 Oct 2004 13:09:11 GMT
I want to revise an existing script so that it does a different target for each of several
different *values* of a property.

For example, if the property, which is named 'server' has a value of "foo", I want the script
to execute a target called "foo-upload". If the value of 'server' is "bar", I want the script
to execute a target called "bar-upload". If the value of 'server' is "test", I want the script
to execute a target called "test-upload".

Actually, although the target names begin with the server name, that is more convenience than
necessity; it isn't critical that the target names start with the server name so I don't insist
on that.

I am running Ant 1.6.1 but would be willing to upgrade to a newer version to accomplish this.
I would also like to stay "pure Ant" if possible but would still be interested in seeing solutions
using optional tasks or ant-contrib.

I know that 'if' and 'unless' are the normal mechanisms for enabling conditional execution
of tasks but they only seem to work on the basis of if a property is enabled or not, rather
than on the VALUE of the property.

Rhino
---
rhino1 AT sympatico DOT ca
"There are two ways of constructing a software design. One way is to make it so simple that
there are obviously no deficiencies. And the other way is to make it so complicated that there
are no obvious deficiencies." - C.A.R. Hoare