ant-user mailing list archives

From "Mike Popescu" <mpope...@pironet-ndh.com>
Subject multiline replace
Date Tue, 14 Sep 2004 14:01:25 GMT
Hi!

This is my first question in this mailinglist, so be clement with me. ;)

I try to replace a multiline-token with a multiline-value, but the token
is not recognised, so nothing is replaced.
But why?
If I give only a singleline-token, it is replaced by the multiline-value.

Could someone be so kind telling me where the fault is?

Thanky in advance!
Mike

Here the NOT WORKING multi-line version:
<target name="edit-grinder.scriptfile" description="Replaces the standard
values with the uservalues from runtest.properties"
depends="backup-grinder.propertiestemplate">
     <replace file="${grinder.script.dir}/${grinder.propertiesfile}.bak">
       <replacetoken><![CDATA[#
# This is grinder.properties.tmpl
# Do not edit anything here!
# Make your changes in your runtest.properties
#]]></replacetoken>
       <replacevalue><![CDATA[#
# ATTENTION! ATTENTION! ATTENTION! ATTENTION! ATTENTION! ATTENTION!
ATTENTION!
#
# This file is changed automagically by ant
#
# If you change this file manually without knowing exactly what you
# are doing, chances are very good that your changes will not survive
# the next start of ant ;-)
#
# ATTENTION! ATTENTION! ATTENTION! ATTENTION! ATTENTION! ATTENTION!
ATTENTION!
#]]></replacevalue>
       </replace>
       <move file="${grinder.script.dir}/${grinder.propertiesfile}.bak"
tofile="${grinder.script.dir}/${grinder.propertiesfile}"/>
   </target>
INPUT ("${grinder.script.dir}/${grinder.propertiesfile}.bak"):
#
# This is grinder.properties.tmpl
# Do not edit anything here!
# Make your changes in your runtest.properties
#

# grinder.processes=1
grinder.processes=[<grinder.processes>]
OUTPUT without any change
("${grinder.script.dir}/${grinder.propertiesfile}"):
#
# This is grinder.properties.tmpl
# Do not edit anything here!
# Make your changes in your runtest.properties
#

# grinder.processes=1
grinder.processes=[<grinder.processes>]
Here the working single-line version:
   <target name="edit-grinder.scriptfile" description="Replaces the
standard values with the uservalues from runtest.properties"
depends="backup-grinder.propertiestemplate">
     <replace file="${grinder.script.dir}/${grinder.propertiesfile}.bak">
       <replacetoken><![CDATA[# This is
grinder.properties.tmpl]]></replacetoken>
       <replacevalue><![CDATA[#
# ATTENTION! ATTENTION! ATTENTION! ATTENTION! ATTENTION! ATTENTION!
ATTENTION!
#
# This file is changed automagically by ant
#
# If you change this file manually without knowing exactly what you
# are doing, chances are very good that your changes will not survive
# the next start of ant ;-)
#
# ATTENTION! ATTENTION! ATTENTION! ATTENTION! ATTENTION! ATTENTION!
ATTENTION!
#]]></replacevalue>
       </replace>
       <move file="${grinder.script.dir}/${grinder.propertiesfile}.bak"
tofile="${grinder.script.dir}/${grinder.propertiesfile}"/>
   </target>
OUTPUT ("${grinder.script.dir}/${grinder.propertiesfile}"):
#
#
# ATTENTION! ATTENTION! ATTENTION! ATTENTION! ATTENTION! ATTENTION!
ATTENTION!
#
# This file is changed automagically by ant
#
# If you change this file manually without knowing exactly what you
# are doing, chances are very good that your changes will not survive
# the next start of ant ;-)
#
# ATTENTION! ATTENTION! ATTENTION! ATTENTION! ATTENTION! ATTENTION!
ATTENTION!
#
# Do not edit anything here!
# Make your changes in your runtest.properties
#

# grinder.processes=1
grinder.processes=[<grinder.processerocesses>]