ant-user mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Error starting modern compiler
Date Tue, 21 Sep 2004 09:23:18 GMT
On Mon, 20 Sep 2004, Sarika Sahni <ssahni@simdesk.com> wrote:

> I am new to Ant and am trying to compile some java sources on
> Linux. I have the ANT_HOME, JAVA_HOME and ANT_OPTS setup correctly
> on Linux machine but compiling the Java sources keeps giving me the
> error "Error starting modern compiler" followed by system out of
> resources: Java.land.outOfMemoryError.

Can you give us more details of your installation?

In particular we'd need to know which of the several Linux
distributions and which of the several Java VMs available for Linux
you are using.  Also, how did you install Ant?  Which version?  Is
there another version of Ant around (Fedora Core 2 and a bunch of
other distros install an older version of Ant that may influence a
hand-installed Ant badly)?

Stefan