ant-user mailing list archives

From Milind Rao <mili...@gmail.com>
Subject Task to prune files
Date Mon, 20 Sep 2004 16:16:48 GMT
I create war files using timestamps so I can get back to a previous
war file easily.  The drawback to this is that I end up with a lot of
war files that I'd like to prune.  The war files have the format
yyyy_MM_dd_app.war.  I calculate the time using the TStamp task.  I
can use the same task to offset by say a week to search for files that
need to be pruned.  The problem is that I end up with a specific day's
files.  eg. if I were to run the prune task below

	<tstamp>
		<format property="LASTWEEK" offset="-1" unit="week" pattern="yyyy_MM_dd"/>
	</tstamp>

	<target name="pruneWARFiles">
		<copy todir="${jar_dir}/tmp">
			<fileset dir="${jar_dir}">
				<include name="${LASTWEEK}*.war"/>
			</fileset>
		</copy>
	</target>

I'd end up with the war file generated for  the 13th today being the
20th. (I'm using copy instead of delete right now for testing).  The
problem is that I don't get war files for the 8th or the 7th etc.
What I need is a filter that will select all files less than or equal
to a week ago.

Before I go about creating a custom prune Ant Task, I'd like to check
that this can't be achieved using the built in Ant Tasks.

Thanks.

--
Regards
Milind