ant-user mailing list archives

From james.bur...@brighton-hove.gov.uk
Subject Re: AW: AW: beginners problem: unable to find compile...
Date Wed, 22 Sep 2004 16:24:44 GMT

the classpath in java.class.path looks good to me, those are the right
paths on my machine.

I edited ant.bat, typed 'set CLASSPATH=' and tried to compile your test -
this is the output:

C:\Documents and Settings\jamesburton\My
Documents\java\src\testAnt>"C:\j2sdk1.4.2_02\bin\java.exe"  -classpath
"C:\j2sdk1.4.2_02\lib\tools.jar;C:\apache\ant\lib\xml-apis.jar;C:\apache\ant\lib\xercesImpl.jar;C:\apache\ant\lib\optional.jar;C:\apache\ant\lib\ant.jar;%CLASSPATH%;C:\ORACLE\ORA92\JDBC\LIB\CLASSES12.JAR"
 "-Dant.home=C:\apache\ant" org.apache.tools.ant.Main  compile
Buildfile: build.xml

compile:
    [javac] Compiling 1 source file to C:\Documents and
Settings\jamesburton\My Documents\java\src\testAnt

C:\Documents and Settings\jamesburton\My Documents\java\src\testAnt>goto
end

C:\Documents and Settings\jamesburton\My Documents\java\src\testAnt>set
LOCALCLASSPATH=

C:\Documents and Settings\jamesburton\My Documents\java\src\testAnt>set
_JAVACMD=

C:\Documents and Settings\jamesburton\My Documents\java\src\testAnt>set
ANT_CMD_LINE_ARGS=

C:\Documents and Settings\jamesburton\My Documents\java\src\testAnt>if
"Windows_NT" == "Windows_NT"

C:\Documents and Settings\jamesburton\My Documents\java\src\testAnt>if
exist "C:\Lynx\antrc_post.bat" call "C:\Lynx\antrc_post.bat"

Then the 'unable to find a javac compiler' message

All the paths in that output are right too...help! :-(

 James Burton

 Web Developer

 Database and
 Development

 Cultural Services

 Brighton & Hove City
 Council

 tel: 01273 293594

                          Jan.Materne@rzf.fin-nrw  To:    user@ant.apache.org

                                    .de            cc:

                                                   Subject:     AW: AW: beginners problem:
unable to find compile...
                             22/09/2004 17:02

                          Please respond to "Ant

                                Users List"

What should the "%CLASSPATH%" in java.class.path be?
type a "set CLASSPATH=" before invoking Ant.

Just for debugging ... modify bin\ant.bat.
Search for ":runAnt" and type an "echo" before the '"%_JAVACMD%" ...'
statement.
Do the same on ":runAntWithClasspath".
(quicker but much more output would be setting "@echo on" in the first
line)

Sorry - but I believe Ant is using a JRE on your machine ...

Jan